Monday 13 January 2014

Ideas for the Masthead for my magazine

Here are many fonts that I think would be suitable to use in my magazine and I have concluded that the font, 'Urban Sketch' would be the best suited for the masthead. The reasons as to why I have chosen this type of font is that it best suits the genre than any other as it is bold which connotes to the loudness and power of the music and also has a 'sketch' effect to it so it links well with the sub-genre of indie-rock. It also stands out and attracts the audience and all the attention will be on the name of the magazine. Some of the other fonts look like they have a paint splat effect which goes well with the 'indie' audience as a lot of people with that type of style do paint and it gives the feel of the magazine being different. I could also possibly use the other font 'Indie Rock' as this is a popular style of font to use on 'indie' artists albums and also it says it in the name that it is 'indie -rock' perfect for the genre. A disadvantage to it is that it doesn't stand out very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment